Thursday, September 6, 2012

a little blue

This past weekend Jeff's parents were in town visiting and they helped us get quite a few things done around the house (while still managing to relax, do some sightseeing and getting in some intense card games!) One of the big things we did was paint our bedroom a lovely shade of blue. "Rain Washed" blue to be exact. I wanted something light, tropical, breezy feeling so our room could be a relaxation spot. Well after actually painting it so it can have that feeling, I'm still a little unsure that I actually like it.


It is growing on me slowly, but it still feels a little too young/teenager/baby blue/bright.


I got that little teal pillow about 6 years ago at West Elm and was sad when it no longer went with my living room decor, but now it's back! Someday I think it would look good to refinish the dressers with a darker stain.


There's the closet and all of our clothes! I took the doors off almost immediately because they were ugly and hard to slide back and forth. We thought it would look nice to put curtains up instead of doors so when I went shopping on Monday to try and find things that would help bring this room together (retail therapy?) I found these:


Curtains! I am very excited about them and think the colors will go perfectly in the room. Unfortunately they are a little short since we want them to go all the way to the top to cover those ugly bins. I am going to sew some extra fabric I have, that just happens to match perfectly, to the bottom before putting them up. Add that project to the list!


And that's the wall across from the bed with the beginnings of some decorations. I like how the mirror kind of looks like a porthole. The bottom right picture is one of Jean Marie's beautiful photos from our islands trip this past winter. (She's awesome, check her out here) Eventually I want to keep adding to this wall photo/art collage adding some more random stuff on both sides.

So we now have a green room and a blue room, what could be next?? I'm thinking neutrals might be a good idea from here on out, but as soon as I get to that paint aisle I want to pick a fun color!

1 comment:

  1. I think your b/r looks beautiful and the curtain material in perfect.

    ReplyDelete